Friday, August 5, 2011

Old Movie Cliche ... The Guy Gets the Girl or Does He?

I'm getting upset at these movie script writers.  I have seen one too many movies lately where the good guy is not getting the girl at the end.  What the heck, why are they changing the pattern all of sudden.

I mean you sit through two hours of a movie, eating your popcorn with cheese or chocolate and totally intense at the make believe chemistry.  Hoping with every munch of popcorn and all the trials the couple has been through they finally triumph together hand in hand into the sunlight.  When the ending comes, I am crushed because either he is riding off into the sunset or the girl is performing some heroic act on her part and dies.  Is this becoming the new cliche?

I don't want the new cliche bring back the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment