Saturday, August 27, 2011

Columbian's don't own flashlights

Yes, it was last minute but I only needed a few things.  One of which was to buy a 'spare' flashlight.  I emphasize the word spare.   I am still sourer about my adventure yesterday in preparing for the hurricane.

Trip 1# Lowe's - No flashlights
Trip 2# Walmart - No flashlights
Trip 3# An Auto Parts Store - No flashlights

No one in Columbia seems to own a freaking flashlight.

Now, I believe, I should not be the only one in Columbia with a primary flashlight.  I mean come on, isn't a flashlight something every household should own in case of a (Hurricane) emergency.  You know like a first aid kit.  A fighter doesn't go get a first-aid kit before a fight.

Now, I am not too upset because as I mentioned, I am trying to get a spare.  While driving home from the auto parts store, I told my sons that we will just have to rely on 'MY ' silver Maglite.   My son replies, 'Oh your silver one, with the lens broken'.

WTF.  #)!@(#%!#)!@(#

Now, the gravity of the fact that I was not actually picking up a spare but a new primary flashlight has just kicked in full speed.  ... #)!@(#%!#)!@(#

No primary flashlight, and no flashlights in the store.  This is so not cool.  What is not cool is the fact that it was MY flashlight that some broke.  It is not the house, not my husband military issued equipment but the one I brought with MY spending money.  I brought this flashlight, which was a pretty penny,  because it served two purposes. One, as a light and two, as a blunt force object (which right now, I wanted to use it on somebody).  The freaking thing weighed a ton.  I figured in case of emergency its dual purpose could come in handy.

What ticks me off the most is that my husband and kids knew this was MY flashlight and they knew it was broken but failed to convey it to me.  All everyone could say was it has been broke for about a year.  Okay, yeah but you wait for a hurricane to let me know MY flashlight is broken.

I mean I may not sometimes be on top of my game.  However, I do understand the importance of certain items you should have just in case of an emergency.  No, I did not buy the flashlight for the home in case of an emergency but I was sure going to use it for that, and if necessary a weapon of great of power.  Now, I feel in case of a power failure I will be without power (light).  I do have candles but it does not compare to the super bright white light coming for MY Maglite.

After this, I promise myself a new Maglite, a pink if I can find. Let's see how they like walking around with a pink flashlight.

Going to take a nap now and get over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment